OpenUru.org would like to invite users to join in a "stress test" of the Minkata Shard starting at 2:00 PM Ki Time (Mountain Time) on February 18th. To make it a bit more fun for everyone, D'niJ Ktahdn will provide some music during the event, and we hope to have one or two competitions for our testers to take part in.
See the Stress Test forum topic for more details.
February marks several anniversaries in Uru history – some happy, some sad. This year, as we celebrate the second anniversary of the re-opening of the cavern, we also acknowledge the community’s past, including the times we lost access to the cavern. With the CAVCON Meter currently at 3 (donations are roughly equal to MO:ULagain expenses), we should be acutely aware of those times and appreciate what we have while we still have it.
"Memories of the Cavern" is the theme of a week long festival of events from Saturday, February 4th to Saturday, February 11th to celebrate the anniversary and raise awareness of the current state of the CAVCON meter. Anyone and everyone is invited to organize an event for the festival. Please post the details here and it will be added to the schedule here and at the Guild of Messengers for promotion.
Thanks to Nev'yn for spearheading this and others for assisting him in getting it organized.
The schedule so far:
All times are cavern KI (mountain) time. Cavern time is GMT minus 7 hours and you can find your time relative to that here.
Tip: Make sure you can access the Shoutcast broadcasts before the event. See Getting Shoutcast to Work for instructions and technical advice.
Saturday, Feb 4th:
- 10:00 - Pre-Ceremony Broadcast on Radio KGOH begins. Mostly music, some announcements, preparations for the Ceremony.
- 11:00 - Watchers Pub: Opening Ceremony, "A Fall through the Chasm." - The Guild of Healers. (See ghaelen's post on how you can participate in planning this.) Following the reading of explorer tributes, Ghaelen will continue to play soft music until the end of the AGM.
- 13:00 Kirel: All Guilds Meeting
- 14:30 - Watcher's Pub: As the AGM ends, Ktahdn will begin broadcasting "Music For and By Explorers."
- 18:00 - D'ni Musicological Research hood: Concert on live-in-the-dmr.
Sunday, Feb 5th:
- 14:00 - Guild of Healers' Eder Delin: First Sunday Compassion & Caring Assembly
- 17:00 - D'ni Musicological Research hood: Concert of progressive and classic British Rock on musica-in-the-dmr.
Monday, Feb 6th:
- 14:30 - OpenURU.org hood: "Something"
Tuesday, Feb 7th:
Wednesday, Feb 8th:
- 14:00 - Heritage Night's Hood: Heritage Night: Reopening
Thursday, Feb 9th:
- 14:00 - D'ni Musicological Research Hood: the Adi*tional Celebration Party
Friday, Feb 10th:
- 11:00 - Watcher's Pub: Party in the Pub with Ktahdn Music at Radio KTDN.
- 19:00 - Guild of Greeters Pub: Significa! A Guild of Greeters Quiz Show! hosted by Jonathan Myer
Saturday, Feb 11th:
- 11:00 - Kirel: Closing Ceremony, "Welcome Home!" - The Guild of Healers. Upbeat music of hope & gratitude.
- 13:00 - D'ni Musicological Research Hood: Post Closing Concert - Lots of music genres presented by different hosts, beginning with Musica broadcasting British Progressive Rock on her Ustream site until 14:00. Then, other hosts will broadcast on live-in-the-dmr.
Sunday, Feb 12th
- 9:45 to 14:00 - OpenURU.org Hood: Encore Presentation of Marten's "Music for Exploring Worlds" broadcast on martenmusic.
It is asked all "event sponsors" begin and end their events with reminder about the Cavcon level and a request for donations to Cyan. Let us give thanks for the Cavern's reopening and raise the meter back to Cavcon 4 and beyond!
(Original MOUL forum post: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=381497#381497)
OpenUru.org's "Minkata" Shard for testing fan fixes is now open to the public. Initially this will be more or less a copy of Cyan's MOULa so that the shard can get a shakedown, but afterwards the first fan fixes will be put up for test.
See the Minkata Test Shard forum section for more details.